You’ve skied all over the world and you could live anywhere you wanted. Would you pick your second favorite place? Steamboat is home to more winter Olympians (98 and counting) than any place on earth.
One of the largest ski resorts in the world, Steamboat is known for its wide variety of terrain for beginners to the extreme. Steamboat has excellent bowls, cruisers, bumps, wide opens, and legendary tree skiing/boarding. Better yet, over 300 inches average per year of “champagne powder” snow!
This resort is huge (over 2,900 acres) with plenty of a variety of skiing and boarding for every level. With a lift capacity of over 40,000 skiers, you don’t wait in line. And when the sun sets (and before) there is music, events, and activities like no other place on earth! Only at MusicFest.
- Vertical drop 3,668′ 14% beginner, 42% intermediate, 44% expert
- Home to 98 winter Olympic athletes – the best skiing and snow conditions
- Nearly 3000 acres of bowls, bumps, cruisers, legendary tree trails, and a three-mile run. Plenty for all levels- beginners to experts and tons in between
- 41,465 per hour lift capacity on 18 high-speed lifts – virtually no lift lines.
- 336 inches average of “Champagne Powder” annual snow – A dry fluffy condition unique only to Steamboat (and lots of fun to play in!).
- 65 miles of trails – longest run over 3 miles.
- One of the world’s longest and largest half pipes plus terrain park, and more.
- 10 restaurants and bars spread over 5 mountain tops, plus many, many more as soon as you head down to the base.
- Summit Elevation: – 10,568′