STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, COLORADO (March 7, 2022) – The MusicFest will return to Steamboat Springs, Colorado, January 7-12, 2023 for its 37th year. Known affectionately by musicians and fans as “The Super Bowl of Texas Music,” the festival produced by Dickson Productions holds the reputation as the premier Texas and Red Dirt Music festival. Held annually in January, it’s become the perfect extension to the holiday season for a loyal community that embraces genuine music, good times, and the adventure and sport of its location in Steamboat.
Reservations for packages, which include lodging and lift tickets in addition to the festival access, will open in late summer at themusicfest.com. The MusicFest sold out for the 20th consecutive year for the January 2022 festival just minutes after reservations opened.
“The genuine community of MusicFest fans and artists who join us year after year make up the heart of this unique gathering and contribute to its exceptional popularity,” said John Dickson, The MusicFest founder. “We continue our dedication and commitment to improving attendees’ vacation experience and taking this event to the next level.”
The MusicFest has long been recognized for its diverse annual lineup of over 80 performing artists—from longtime veterans to up and comers. Its jam-packed schedule of shows features more than 200 hours of live music at venues that surround the mountain with music. In its more than 30 years, this one-of-a-kind event has inspired the formation of new bands, the writing of new songs and forging of lifetime friendships.
Adding to this festival’s uniqueness is the wide variety of events and activities outside of the music, including skiing, snowboarding, Steamboat’s Outlaw Mountain Coaster, dog sledding, the classic washer tournaments, a charity poker tournament, snowmobiling, natural hot springs, tons of mountain restaurants and bars, and much more. Vast lodging options span from luxury penthouses and 4-star hotels to quaint condos and lodges.
Attendees can ski right up to the Outdoor Stage or take a starlit gondola ride to the mountaintop for a music experience with majestic views found only at The MusicFest. Plus, there are many more venues exclusive to The MusicFest, all unique and with the widest variety of music and enjoyment for each listener’s taste. Throw in a stiff dose of camaraderie from the artists and MusicFest community that frequently crosses paths, and the result is a spectacular musical vacation like no other!
The MusicFest Package Includes:
- 6 days & 5 nights at Steamboat’s premier lodging. Attendees choose location and amenities including ski-in/ski-out, fully equipped kitchens, fireplaces, hot tubs, walking distance to MusicFest activities and more.
- 4 full day lift passes to the world-class skiing and snowboarding on Steamboat’s signature Champagne Powder Snow.
- Exclusive MusicFest credentials for over 200 hours of live performances that showcase never seen before artist collaborations exclusive to The MusicFest.
- The highly acclaimed MusicFest Artists’ “Tribute to a Legend” where artists come together for a special performance to honor legendary songwriters. Past honorees include Jerry Jeff Walker, Robert Earl Keen, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Billy Joe Shaver, Lee Ann Womack, Guy Clark, Johnny Gimble and family, Leon Russell, Kevin Welch, Rodney Crowell, Townes Van Zandt, Dean Dillon, Joe Ely, Doug Sahm & the Texas Tornados, Gary P. Nunn and the Lost Gonzo Band, Bruce Robison and Cody Canada and the music of Cross Canadian Ragweed.
- Elaborate resort wide FREE shuttle system. No need to drive.